Battle of the Stains
"You just can't find a better wood finish at any price. Our wood stain comparison, The Battle of the Stains, proves it. Over 5,245,440 satisfied PENOFIN customers believe it!"
PENOFIN is a penetrating oil finish that protects wood better by taking the vital ingredients deep into the wood fibers. Most wood stain products on the market simply coat the surface, trapping moisture beneath the high-solid coating. PENOFIN is the ONLY low-solid, nonfilm-forming wood stain in the world!
PENOFIN delivers the highest rated sun-blockers of any wood stain, our marine grade Penofin and Ultra Premium Red Label both have a 99% ultraviolet rating. What makes PENOFIN so different is that it contains the best available alkyd resins, more of the finest mildewcides, and our unique penetrating, naturally harvested, Rosewood Oil from Brazil. PENOFIN delivers these prime quality ingredients deep into the wood fibers, protecting your wood from the inside out.
Don't just take our word for it, compare - try the test for yourself. Ask your dealer for a sample of the wood finish you have been using or are considering for a future wood finishing project. PENOFIN samples are found at all of our dealers... FREE. You will be completely amazed when you compare... money well spent is spent on Penofin to protect your valuable investment.
Here are some tips to help you make the comparisons and purchase the wood finish that will give you the best protection for your money...PENOFIN.
Blotter Test Comparison Instructions
To Get Started:
Staple 8 sheets of white copy paper together to best simulate wood fibers. Make sure they are securely fastened. Choose the wood stain you wish to compare to PENOFIN.
- Shake cans and stir products well.
- Dip brush into a can (a sponge brush works best). Let the brush completely absorb the wood stain, then lightly wipe the brush on the sides of the can removing any drips.
- Please note: it is very important to use separate brushes for each product.
- Make sure it is not too hot and not too cold. The ideal temperature range for the wood stain test is between 40-70 degrees fahrenheit.
- Brush PENOFIN and the wood stain you are testing onto the paper in three strokes (back and forth) with medium-to-hard pressure. It is normal for the wood stain to look wet at first; it will absorb in a few minutes.
- Allow the blotter wood stain test to set and penetrate through the sheets for at least three hours before paging through the test! Don't peek! This allows the products to absorb. Interruption of the test will disturb penetration.